Police have detained a man who threatened to jump off Putney Bridge.
Officers were called to Putney Bridge at 3.35pm after the man was seen sitting on a ledge.
The bridge was closed for about an hour, with the London Ambulance Service (LAS), police officers on boat and Chiswick Royal National Lifeboat Institution also attending.
Police officers spent time speaking to the man, who has since been detained by Wandsworth MPS.
The bridge re-opened just after 4.15pm, with delays still affecting the area.
A spokeswoman for the LAS said: "We were called at 3.30pm to a Putney Bridge.
"One of our ambulance crews and duty officer attended the scene.
"Our staff assessed one patient and took him to hospital."
MPSonthewater tweeted: "Marine 3 and @ChiswickRNLI just attended a call to a male threatening to jump from Putney bridge. Safely detained by @MPSWandsworth."
Do you know more? Contact the newsdesk on 020 8722 6344 or email email@example.com.
- Crack house shut down after tenant "taken advantage of"
- Cyclist who died in Richmond Park named as Oxshott scientist
- Airports Commission "fails London dismally" by dismissing Boris Island airport
- 24/7 minicab office in Battersea refused planning permission
- Illegal rave expected to attract 400 people to Tooting Common stopped by authorities