Police detain man threatening to jump off Putney Bridge
Police have detained a man who threatened to jump off Putney Bridge.
Officers were called to Putney Bridge at 3.35pm after the man was seen sitting on a ledge.
The bridge was closed for about an hour, with the London Ambulance Service (LAS), police officers on boat and Chiswick Royal National Lifeboat Institution also attending.
Police officers spent time speaking to the man, who has since been detained by Wandsworth MPS.
The bridge re-opened just after 4.15pm, with delays still affecting the area.
A spokeswoman for the LAS said: "We were called at 3.30pm to a Putney Bridge.
"One of our ambulance crews and duty officer attended the scene.
"Our staff assessed one patient and took him to hospital."
MPSonthewater tweeted: "Marine 3 and @ChiswickRNLI just attended a call to a male threatening to jump from Putney bridge. Safely detained by @MPSWandsworth."
Do you know more? Contact the newsdesk on 020 8722 6344 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MP Sadiq Khan joins International Women's Day discussion in Tooting
- Carla Grauls debuts her new play in Battersea’s Theatre 503
- Q&A with singer Sandi Thom
- First image of mum who is missing with three children
- Bank card scammers target Clapham Junction cash machines
Comments are closed on this article.