Mayhem as traffic lights go out in Tooting High Street
Broken traffic lights caused lunchtime travel chaos in Tooting.
All of the traffic signals went out on Tooting High Street, at the junction of Mitcham Road, shortly before 1pm.
Transport for London (TfL) tweeted: "The traffic signals are all out on A24 Tooting High Street where it meets Mitcham Road, approach with care."
The road has been affected by traffic since the lights went out, much to the frustration of drivers.
Katja Leyendecker wrote on Twitter: "What an effing dogs dinner London makes of its transport system. Seems to have a hard time reducing car use."
- Free blood pressure tests will help reduce the risk of strokes
- Wandsworth Bake Off wants the borough's best chefs
- Join an artist and her basset hound on stage in Battersea
- Musician back on home ground to celebrate 30 years in the biz
- Hairdresser joins Kurdish military to fight against Islamic State terrorists in Iraq
Comments are closed on this article.