Mayhem as traffic lights go out in Tooting High Street
Broken traffic lights caused lunchtime travel chaos in Tooting.
All of the traffic signals went out on Tooting High Street, at the junction of Mitcham Road, shortly before 1pm.
Transport for London (TfL) tweeted: "The traffic signals are all out on A24 Tooting High Street where it meets Mitcham Road, approach with care."
The road has been affected by traffic since the lights went out, much to the frustration of drivers.
Katja Leyendecker wrote on Twitter: "What an effing dogs dinner London makes of its transport system. Seems to have a hard time reducing car use."
- Tooting teens head to Harvard and Yale this summer
- Wandsworth Radio station needs £3,000 for new Battersea studio
- Teen stabbed in stomach in Clapham Junction attempted robbery
- Flying squad threw flash grenade to distract robbers waving a gun at PC World staff
- Charity launches recycling initiative in Wandsworth
Comments are closed on this article.