A taxi flipped onto its roof after colliding with a G4S van.
Firefighters and the London Ambulance Service (LAS) were called to the collision in the junction of Thessaly Road with Wandsworth Road, Nine Elms, at 11.30pm last night.
The taxi driver was able to escape from the vehicle before the emergency services arrived.
He was taken to hospital by the LAS suffering from head injuries. The G4S driver did not require hospital treatment.
A spokeswoman from the LAS said: "We sent one of our ambulance crews and a single responder in a car to the scene.
"We treated one patient for a minor head injury, who was taken to St Thomas' Hospital with a head injury."
Firefighters remained at the scene to check the taxi was safe before the road could open again.
- South London's first Jewish primary school granted planning permission
- Police stop unauthorised 'large-scale event' on Tooting Common
- Garratt Park School for special needed children rated outstanding by Ofsted
- Hundred mile challenge for hospice
- Rockers raring to shake things up in Putney