Man facing February trial after York Road Battersea gun seizure
A 22-year-old man will face a trial next month after denying possession of a Colt 45 revolver and 27 bullets.
Nazir Hassain, from West Arbour Street, Tower Hamlets, was arrested by by police while riding in a taxi in York Road, Battersea, on Wednesday afternoon (February 5).
Mr Hassain was charged on Thursday with possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life, namely a Colt New Service .455 calibre revolver.
He also faces two extra charges of possessing ammunition, 15 x 32 automatic calibre cartridges, 6 x 8mm calibre modified blank cartridge and 6 x bulleted .45 Automatic calibre cartridges, with intent to endanger life.
He will face trial on February 21 at Kingston Crown Court.
Mr Hassain appeared at Wimbledon Magistrates' Court today.
- Hairdresser joins Kurdish military to fight against Islamic State terrorists in Iraq
- Man pretends car was stolen after he's involved in collision
- LIVE: Wandsworth GCSE results day 2014
- Serial burglar finally snared after six year police hunt including BBC Crimewatch appearance
- Unconscious Earlsfield woman and her dog rescued by fire fighters this morning