VIDEO: TV presenters Angelica Bell and Michael Underwood sample cakes at Earlsfield Cake-Off
TV presenters Angelica Bell and Michael Underwood sampled cakes at a charity baking competition.
The Enormous Earlsfield Cake-Off, which took place in Bar 366, Garratt Lane, invited aspiring Mary Berrys to bring their cakes along for judging.
Mrs Bell, Mr Underwood, Lesley Cox, who runs Holly's Cupcakes, and cake artist Jacqui Kelly were on hand to judge the 27 entries.
All of the entries were given a number making them anonymous so the judges did not know who created the sponges, meringues and tarts.
Thomas Wilson, eight, was crowned the winner of the under 10 category for his banana and maple syrup upside down cake.
The under 18 category was won by Mia Northcote, 11, who created a heart shaped sponge cake.
Kirsten Mayne's chocolate and meringue cream torte was named the adult winner.
Prizes were handed out by MP Sadiq Khan.
A cake sale was held after the prizegiving, with all of the funds donated to Sport Relief.
It is hoped the cake-off, organised by new community group Earlsfield Charity Events, will become an annual occasion.
- Somali family living on bench outside Tooting TK Maxx
- News of the World journalist charged with phone hacking
- Man arrested for 'threatening to shoot drinking partners'
- Proposal to close hospital's mental health services and cut beds
- Iranian TV firm set to takeover studio where The Bill was produced
Comments are closed on this article.