Woman dies after being hit by tube train at Tooting Bec station
A woman was killed on the tube tracks last night after being struck by a train.
British Transport Police and an ambulance crew were called to Tooting Bec station at 7.55pm yesterday.
The woman was hit by a southbound Northern line train while she was on the tracks.
She was taken to hospital by the London Ambulance Service, but died a few hours after.
The incident is being treated as non-suspicious.
A spokeswoman for the police said: "Medics from the London Ambulance Service also attended and the woman was taken to hospital, but sadly died.
"The woman’s family have been informed and a file will be prepared for the Coroner."
The line was running again at 8.35pm.
Witnesses posted tributes to the woman on social networking sites.
Lu Shorthouse tweeted: "Tooting Bec is a nightmare. Do hope the victim is ok or at peace."
Tooting About wrote: "Serious business at #Tooting Bec. Twelve emergency vehicles to deal with a person under a train."
- Woman fined £250 after her dog killed beloved Yorkshire Terrier
- 40-year-old man arrested after Clapham BBQ stabbing
- Woman sexually assaulted next to Battersea Park
- Serious case review launched after 4-year-old child sustains serious injuries
- Woman in serious condition after man stabbed her multiple times in Clapham
Comments are closed on this article.