Building work begins on four affordable homes in Tooting
Building work has begun on four affordable family sized homes in Tooting.
The four bedrooms houses are being built on the corner of Ribblesdale and Southcroft road by Wandle, located on land rear of a council housing block.
Wandsworth Council will nominate new tenants, with priority going to families on low incomes.
Wandle, a social enterprise who manage 7,000 homes, will also create a garden area for people living in the block next-door.
The land was sold to Wandle under the condition it is used for new properties.
Councillor Paul Ellis, cabinet member for housing, said: "By partnering with Wandle we will turn an underused plot into four high quality, family sized homes which will go to local families on an affordable rent basis."
- Woman fined £250 after her dog killed beloved Yorkshire Terrier
- 40-year-old man arrested after Clapham BBQ stabbing
- Woman sexually assaulted next to Battersea Park
- Serious case review launched after 4-year-old child sustains serious injuries
- Woman in serious condition after man stabbed her multiple times in Clapham
Comments are closed on this article.