Award-winning children’s author Dame Jacqueline Wilson has been appointed the new Chancellor of the University of Roehampton.
Dame Jacqueline, 68, who is currently Pro-Chancellor at the University, will take over from current Chancellor, John Simpson on August 2014.
Paul O’ Prey, Vice Chancellor of the University, said: "Dame Jacqueline is a fantastic advocate for the University and brings an infectious enthusiasm and passion that the students and staff all appreciate.
"I am delighted that she has agreed to be our new Chancellor."
Dame Jacqueline said, "I have always felt a great attachment to the University of Roehampton.
"It manages to combine a genuine warmth and friendliness with immense creative achievement and academic excellence."
Dame Jacqueline also teaches on the Children’s Literature and the Creative Writing Master’s degrees offered by the University.
Her books have sold over 35m copies in the UK and have been translated into more than 30 languages.
- Hundred mile challenge for hospice
- Rockers raring to shake things up in Putney
- Hundreds of yards of new paving laid as repair work to Putney Bridge pushes on
- Prolific thief jailed for breaching ASBO after dawn visit to Mitcham
- Everyone happy as Nappy Valley named the friendliest place Wandsworth