Daley Thompson coaches London Marathon runners in Battersea Park
Double Olympic gold medallist Daley Thompson put London marathon fundraisers through their paces.
The decathlete gave running tops to Barnardo's charity runners in Battersea Park on Saturday.
He was joined by Barnardo's vice president, Baroness Floella Benjamin, and fellow former decathlete Snowy Brooks.
Daley and Brooks took the fundraisers on a two lap warm up, while handing out training advice.
Dr Sarah Schenker, health writer and broadcaster, also gave advice on nutrition.
Mr Thompson, who has hosted the training event for 16 years, said: "We want to try and help the Barnardo’s London Marathon Team to be as prepared as possible for the challenge ahead.
"The newcomers will be asking the old hands for advice and in return they will be generously giving their top tips.
"It's always a fun day and is welcomed by all the runners, especially those who are nervous about their first marathon".
Money raised will help transform the lives of vulnerable children living in the UK.
Anybody interested in fundraising for Baranardo's can call 020 8498 7527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teens arrested for riding stolen mopeds in Battersea
- Residents throw bottles and attack police chasing wanted man
- Fire fighter's warning after lamp scorches wall
- Prince Philip former aide charged with sexually assaulting girl
- St George's University paramedic raped woman after pretending to be gay
Comments are closed on this article.