A budding young designer has made it to the final 10 in a national sock designing competition.
The competition was for seven to 11-year-olds to design a Fairtrade-themed sock, and Ellie De Souza, 10, from Our Lady of Victories Primary School, Putney, was picked from more than 6,000 entrants from 142 schools.
The competition was launched to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the first Fairtrade product sold in the UK.
The winner will be announced March 3 and will have their sock made to be sold in SockShop.
- Hundred mile challenge for hospice
- Rockers raring to shake things up in Putney
- Hundreds of yards of new paving laid as repair work to Putney Bridge pushes on
- Prolific thief jailed for breaching ASBO after dawn visit to Mitcham
- Everyone happy as Nappy Valley named the friendliest place Wandsworth