Putney youngster through to sock designing competition finals
A budding young designer has made it to the final 10 in a national sock designing competition.
The competition was for seven to 11-year-olds to design a Fairtrade-themed sock, and Ellie De Souza, 10, from Our Lady of Victories Primary School, Putney, was picked from more than 6,000 entrants from 142 schools.
The competition was launched to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the first Fairtrade product sold in the UK.
The winner will be announced March 3 and will have their sock made to be sold in SockShop.
- Wandsworth Bake Off wants the borough's best chefs
- Join an artist and her basset hound on stage in Battersea
- Musician back on home ground to celebrate 30 years in the biz
- Hairdresser joins Kurdish military to fight against Islamic State terrorists in Iraq
- Man pretends car was stolen after he's involved in collision
Comments are closed on this article.