Putney youngster through to sock designing competition finals
A budding young designer has made it to the final 10 in a national sock designing competition.
The competition was for seven to 11-year-olds to design a Fairtrade-themed sock, and Ellie De Souza, 10, from Our Lady of Victories Primary School, Putney, was picked from more than 6,000 entrants from 142 schools.
The competition was launched to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the first Fairtrade product sold in the UK.
The winner will be announced March 3 and will have their sock made to be sold in SockShop.
- Romany saved after owner agrees community sale
- Men appear in court accused of tampering with cash machine in south Wimbledon
- PICTURES: Battersea's York Road Estate unites for afternoon party
- Rescue dog goes missing on Wimbledon Common
- PICTURES: Sumo wrestlers bounce around Battersea Park
Comments are closed on this article.