Putney youngster through to sock designing competition finals
A budding young designer has made it to the final 10 in a national sock designing competition.
The competition was for seven to 11-year-olds to design a Fairtrade-themed sock, and Ellie De Souza, 10, from Our Lady of Victories Primary School, Putney, was picked from more than 6,000 entrants from 142 schools.
The competition was launched to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the first Fairtrade product sold in the UK.
The winner will be announced March 3 and will have their sock made to be sold in SockShop.
- Hairdresser joins Kurdish military to fight against Islamic State terrorists in Iraq
- Man pretends car was stolen after he's involved in collision
- LIVE: Wandsworth GCSE results day 2014
- Serial burglar finally snared after six year police hunt including BBC Crimewatch appearance
- Unconscious Earlsfield woman and her dog rescued by fire fighters this morning
Comments are closed on this article.