Putney youngster through to sock designing competition finals
A budding young designer has made it to the final 10 in a national sock designing competition.
The competition was for seven to 11-year-olds to design a Fairtrade-themed sock, and Ellie De Souza, 10, from Our Lady of Victories Primary School, Putney, was picked from more than 6,000 entrants from 142 schools.
The competition was launched to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the first Fairtrade product sold in the UK.
The winner will be announced March 3 and will have their sock made to be sold in SockShop.
- Man in his 20s treated for chest injuries at Mitcham crash scene
- £94,000 Aston Martin seized for no insurance
- Council uses compulsory purchase order to oust businesses
- Daniel Dutfield appears in court after death of pregnant 22-year-old girlfriend Jessica Fenner at baby shower
- Dying woman remarries her husband after exposure to asbestos at Battersea Power Station
Comments are closed on this article.