Battersea charity begins 90th birthday celebrations with volunteer awards
A charity turning 90 this year started the birthday celebrations with an awards ceremony for volunteers.
Katherine Low Settlement (KLS), in Battersea High Street, Battersea, gave out certificates to 139 volunteers last week.
Mayor of Wandsworth, Councillor Angela Graham, presented awards to both past and present people who have donated time to the settlement.
Retired volunteer, Daisy Cambell, was honoured for her time as the chairman of the Older People's Contact Club.
The charity has been based in the area since 1924 and serves as a community hub for people living in the area.
Organisations such as mum's group Women of Wandsworth, refugee support group Love to Learn and learning difficulty group Generate all use the centre.
- Somali family living on bench outside Tooting TK Maxx
- News of the World journalist charged with phone hacking
- Man arrested for 'threatening to shoot drinking partners'
- Proposal to close hospital's mental health services and cut beds
- Promoted Article: Join the World's Biggest Coffee Morning with Macmillan
Comments are closed on this article.