Battersea takeaway chicken shop shut down for mice infestation last week reopens
A fast food restaurant shut down due to a serious rodent infestation has been allowed to reopen.
Wandsworth Council took emergency legal action last week to close the Chicken Spot takeaway, in Falcon Road, Battersea, after discovering it was riddled with mice and surfaces were covered in rodent faeces.
Food safety inspectors felt the restaurant posed an immediate risk to public health and closed it down immediately.
However, they have since been allowed to reopen after further checks revealed there was no longer any imminent risk to public health.
A spokesman for Wandsworth Council said: "We will of course be monitoring the premises carefully to ensure that proper standards of cleanliness and hygiene are met."
- Men appear in court accused of tampering with cash machine in south Wimbledon
- PICTURES: Battersea's York Road Estate unites for afternoon party
- Rescue dog goes missing on Wimbledon Common
- PICTURES: Sumo wrestlers bounce around Battersea Park
- Balham kids petition for school solar panels
Comments are closed on this article.