Battersea takeaway chicken shop shut down for mice infestation last week reopens
A fast food restaurant shut down due to a serious rodent infestation has been allowed to reopen.
Wandsworth Council took emergency legal action last week to close the Chicken Spot takeaway, in Falcon Road, Battersea, after discovering it was riddled with mice and surfaces were covered in rodent faeces.
Food safety inspectors felt the restaurant posed an immediate risk to public health and closed it down immediately.
However, they have since been allowed to reopen after further checks revealed there was no longer any imminent risk to public health.
A spokesman for Wandsworth Council said: "We will of course be monitoring the premises carefully to ensure that proper standards of cleanliness and hygiene are met."
- Somali family living on bench outside Tooting TK Maxx
- News of the World journalist charged with phone hacking
- Man arrested for 'threatening to shoot drinking partners'
- Proposal to close hospital's mental health services and cut beds
- Iranian TV firm set to takeover studio where The Bill was produced
Comments are closed on this article.