Battersea takeaway chicken shop shut down for mice infestation last week reopens
A fast food restaurant shut down due to a serious rodent infestation has been allowed to reopen.
Wandsworth Council took emergency legal action last week to close the Chicken Spot takeaway, in Falcon Road, Battersea, after discovering it was riddled with mice and surfaces were covered in rodent faeces.
Food safety inspectors felt the restaurant posed an immediate risk to public health and closed it down immediately.
However, they have since been allowed to reopen after further checks revealed there was no longer any imminent risk to public health.
A spokesman for Wandsworth Council said: "We will of course be monitoring the premises carefully to ensure that proper standards of cleanliness and hygiene are met."
- Suspected machine guns and crack seized in Clapham ahead of Notting Hill Carnival
- First London roundabout completely separating cyclists unveiled in Battersea
- Flood in Wandsworth High Street causes traffic delays
- Family trying to trace fire hero
- Family's long ordeal set to end with son's return following US terror sentence
Comments are closed on this article.