A fast food restaurant shut down due to a serious rodent infestation has been allowed to reopen.
Wandsworth Council took emergency legal action last week to close the Chicken Spot takeaway, in Falcon Road, Battersea, after discovering it was riddled with mice and surfaces were covered in rodent faeces.
Food safety inspectors felt the restaurant posed an immediate risk to public health and closed it down immediately.
However, they have since been allowed to reopen after further checks revealed there was no longer any imminent risk to public health.
A spokesman for Wandsworth Council said: "We will of course be monitoring the premises carefully to ensure that proper standards of cleanliness and hygiene are met."
- Hundreds of yards of new paving laid as repair work to Putney Bridge pushes on
- Prolific thief jailed for breaching ASBO after dawn visit to Mitcham
- Everyone happy as Nappy Valley named the friendliest place Wandsworth
- Television calling for Battersea admin worker
- Spanish film night returns to Battersea haunt