Suspected arson attack in Queenstown Road, Battersea - Lighter fluid found near house fire
The London Fire Brigade were called out to a suspected attempted arson on a house last night.
They were called out at about midnight to the incident in Queenstown Road, Battersea.
There was evidence someone had tried to start a fire with lighter fluid thrown on the front door.
One of the residents said they saw a flash but there was no physical evidence a fire had taken place.
Fire fighters found a can of lighter fluid outside the house. Police attended.
A spokesman for Wandsworth Police said: "The call was made in good faith but there was no fire and no damage."
Do you know more? Leave a comment below or email ssleigh@london.
- Blues man brings his sounds from Louisiana to the Half Moon, Putney
- John Simpson honoured as thousands graduate from Roehampton University
- Teens arrested for riding stolen mopeds in Battersea
- Residents throw bottles and attack police chasing wanted man
- Fire fighter's warning after lamp scorches wall
Comments are closed on this article.