The London Fire Brigade were called out to a suspected attempted arson on a house last night.
They were called out at about midnight to the incident in Queenstown Road, Battersea.
There was evidence someone had tried to start a fire with lighter fluid thrown on the front door.
One of the residents said they saw a flash but there was no physical evidence a fire had taken place.
Fire fighters found a can of lighter fluid outside the house. Police attended.
A spokesman for Wandsworth Police said: "The call was made in good faith but there was no fire and no damage."
Do you know more? Leave a comment below or email ssleigh@london.
- Video: MP gets a freezing cold soaking for Ice Bucket Challenge - and nominate Boris Johnsons
- Men accused of violent Wimbledon burglary in court
- Update: Disruption to train services across South West Trains network after faulty track
- £500m Battersea Tube extension contract winner announced
- Tooting police station hosts safety awareness day