Suspected arson attack in Queenstown Road, Battersea - Lighter fluid found near house fire
The London Fire Brigade were called out to a suspected attempted arson on a house last night.
They were called out at about midnight to the incident in Queenstown Road, Battersea.
There was evidence someone had tried to start a fire with lighter fluid thrown on the front door.
One of the residents said they saw a flash but there was no physical evidence a fire had taken place.
Fire fighters found a can of lighter fluid outside the house. Police attended.
A spokesman for Wandsworth Police said: "The call was made in good faith but there was no fire and no damage."
Do you know more? Leave a comment below or email ssleigh@london.
- PICTURES: Putney Bridge repairs well under way
- Do you know a Wandsworth hero?
- Roehampton Uni celebrates success figures
- Man in his 20s treated for chest injuries at Mitcham crash scene
- £94,000 Aston Martin seized for no insurance
Comments are closed on this article.