'Like rain through the ceiling': Wandsworth Council flats flood after someone 'leaves tap on' in Garratt Lane
Council flats flooded last night after it is suspected someone left a tap on.
The London Fire Brigade were called out to Eliot Court, in Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, at 9pm on Thursday, March 13.
The flood started on the fourth floor and affected multiple flats below.
A firefighter described it as ‘like rain’ pouring through the ceiling of the flats below. They made the area safe and turned the lights off.
The cause of the flood is still under investigation. However, it is understood the flats were being refurbished and the water had been turned off.
It is suspected someone had turned a tap on, to check if the water had returned, but forgot to turn it off again. Then, when the water was turned back on, it came pouring out of the taps which were on.
It is thought some residents may have to find temporary accommodation while the damage is repaired.
- Man charged following Clapham BBQ stabbing
- New classrooms to tackle primary school place crisis
- Three new Boris bike stations come to Battersea
- Woman fined £250 after her dog killed beloved Yorkshire Terrier
- 40-year-old man arrested after Clapham BBQ stabbing
Comments are closed on this article.