Council flats flooded last night after it is suspected someone left a tap on.
The London Fire Brigade were called out to Eliot Court, in Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, at 9pm on Thursday, March 13.
The flood started on the fourth floor and affected multiple flats below.
A firefighter described it as ‘like rain’ pouring through the ceiling of the flats below. They made the area safe and turned the lights off.
The cause of the flood is still under investigation. However, it is understood the flats were being refurbished and the water had been turned off.
It is suspected someone had turned a tap on, to check if the water had returned, but forgot to turn it off again. Then, when the water was turned back on, it came pouring out of the taps which were on.
It is thought some residents may have to find temporary accommodation while the damage is repaired.
- Television calling for Battersea admin worker
- Spanish film night returns to Battersea haunt
- PCs rescue flightless parakeet from Wandsworth street
- Wandsworth Council warns taxpayers against telephone scam
- The saddest dog at Battersea Dogs and Cats Home finds a new family