Landlord benefit fraudster from Balham convicted
A homeowner and landlord who claimed housing benefit, job seekers allowance and employment and support allowance has been convicted of fraud.
Alison Bott, 41, was prosecuted at Southwark Crown Court on March 20 after an investigation by the Department for Work & Pensions (DWP) and the City of London Corporation.
Bott, who was advertising as a live in landlord on Cavendish Road, Balham while collecting her benefits from the City of London was given a six month custodial sentence for each offence to run concurrently, which was suspended for 15 months.
A confiscation order was also made, which will ensure that the fraudulently obtained benefit is repaid to the public purse.
- Man who raped and attempted to murder pensioner 'dies after prison suicide'
- 772km running challenge in memory of boy who died after falling onto spinning propeller
- Royal Mail First World War stamps go on display in Battersea Library
- Somali family living on bench outside Tooting TK Maxx
- News of the World journalist charged with phone hacking
Comments are closed on this article.