Landlord benefit fraudster from Balham convicted
A homeowner and landlord who claimed housing benefit, job seekers allowance and employment and support allowance has been convicted of fraud.
Alison Bott, 41, was prosecuted at Southwark Crown Court on March 20 after an investigation by the Department for Work & Pensions (DWP) and the City of London Corporation.
Bott, who was advertising as a live in landlord on Cavendish Road, Balham while collecting her benefits from the City of London was given a six month custodial sentence for each offence to run concurrently, which was suspended for 15 months.
A confiscation order was also made, which will ensure that the fraudulently obtained benefit is repaid to the public purse.
- Tooting teens head to Harvard and Yale this summer
- Wandsworth Radio station needs £3,000 for new Battersea studio
- Teen stabbed in stomach in Clapham Junction attempted robbery
- Flying squad threw flash grenade to distract robbers waving a gun at PC World staff
- Charity launches recycling initiative in Wandsworth
Comments are closed on this article.