A homeowner and landlord who claimed housing benefit, job seekers allowance and employment and support allowance has been convicted of fraud.
Alison Bott, 41, was prosecuted at Southwark Crown Court on March 20 after an investigation by the Department for Work & Pensions (DWP) and the City of London Corporation.
Bott, who was advertising as a live in landlord on Cavendish Road, Balham while collecting her benefits from the City of London was given a six month custodial sentence for each offence to run concurrently, which was suspended for 15 months.
A confiscation order was also made, which will ensure that the fraudulently obtained benefit is repaid to the public purse.
- Hundred mile challenge for hospice
- Rockers raring to shake things up in Putney
- Hundreds of yards of new paving laid as repair work to Putney Bridge pushes on
- Prolific thief jailed for breaching ASBO after dawn visit to Mitcham
- Everyone happy as Nappy Valley named the friendliest place Wandsworth