Balham has been named one of the ‘Best places to live in Britain’, in a new survey by The Sunday Times.
The town was one of only five locations in the capital to make the UK-wide shortlist.
Balham’s high achieving schools, great shops and restaurants, and close proximity to Tooting Common were all highlighted in the article.
With its leafy streets, great transport links, and green open spaces- the area is one of the UK’s most sought after places.
Last summer Haart estate agents reported more people were trying to buy homes in Balham than anywhere else in the country.
- Illegal rave expected to attract 400 people to Tooting Common stopped by authorities
- Council rejects large and ‘garish’ advertising hoarding in Clapham Junction
- South London's first Jewish primary school granted planning permission
- Garratt Park School for special needed children rated outstanding by Ofsted
- Hundred mile challenge for hospice