Balham has been named one of the ‘Best places to live in Britain’, in a new survey by The Sunday Times.
The town was one of only five locations in the capital to make the UK-wide shortlist.
Balham’s high achieving schools, great shops and restaurants, and close proximity to Tooting Common were all highlighted in the article.
With its leafy streets, great transport links, and green open spaces- the area is one of the UK’s most sought after places.
Last summer Haart estate agents reported more people were trying to buy homes in Balham than anywhere else in the country.
- Television calling for Battersea admin worker
- Spanish film night returns to Battersea haunt
- PCs rescue flightless parakeet from Wandsworth street
- Wandsworth Council warns taxpayers against telephone scam
- The saddest dog at Battersea Dogs and Cats Home finds a new family