Boris bikes are proving a hit in Wandsworth with nearly 23,000 journeys in the borough throughout February.
Councillor Russell King, transport spokesman, said: “We fought hard to persuade the Mayor and TfL to extend the scheme to Wandsworth. We pushed for it because we recognised that it’s a really valuable and worthwhile addition to our transport network.
“Of course it won’t be the right choice for everyone but it does give our residents a genuinely useful new transport option.
“Extending the scheme into the north of the borough has already proved a big success. Now we will be pushing for it to cover more parts of Wandsworth.”
- Illegal rave expected to attract 400 people to Tooting Common stopped by authorities
- Council rejects large and ‘garish’ advertising hoarding in Clapham Junction
- South London's first Jewish primary school granted planning permission
- Garratt Park School for special needed children rated outstanding by Ofsted
- Hundred mile challenge for hospice