New Boris bikes prove a hit in Wandsworth
Boris bikes are proving a hit in Wandsworth with nearly 23,000 journeys in the borough throughout February.
Councillor Russell King, transport spokesman, said: “We fought hard to persuade the Mayor and TfL to extend the scheme to Wandsworth. We pushed for it because we recognised that it’s a really valuable and worthwhile addition to our transport network.
“Of course it won’t be the right choice for everyone but it does give our residents a genuinely useful new transport option.
“Extending the scheme into the north of the borough has already proved a big success. Now we will be pushing for it to cover more parts of Wandsworth.”
- Clapham man charged with gun and cocaine possession
- Suspected machine guns and crack seized in Clapham ahead of Notting Hill Carnival
- First London roundabout completely separating cyclists unveiled in Battersea
- Flood in Wandsworth High Street causes traffic delays
- Family trying to trace fire hero
Comments are closed on this article.