Google staff visit Ernest Bevin College in Tooting
Google employees dropped in on a Tooting school as part of an online safety initiative.
The web giants visited Ernest Bevin College on Friday March 28, to launch the Well Versed campaign.
Aimed at 13 to 18-year-olds, the programme will see thousands of teenagers share tips for surfing the web safely.
Dan Cobley, marketing director at Google UK, said: "The web has revolutionised the way we share information.
"But helping young people navigate the online world safely and confidently remains an ongoing challenge.
"We’re delighted to support the Well Versed campaign, and empower teenagers to share their techniques for dealing with some of the day to day challenges of mastering life online."
- PICTURES: Putney Bridge repairs well under way
- Do you know a Wandsworth hero?
- Roehampton Uni celebrates success figures
- Man in his 20s treated for chest injuries at Mitcham crash scene
- £94,000 Aston Martin seized for no insurance
Comments are closed on this article.