A campaign launched in 2005 striving to recognise Clapham Junction’s pivotal role in the Battersea district and fighting against a common misconception that it is in Clapham.
Just over five years ago members of the 'SW11tch Back to Battersea' campaign started speaking to Wandsworth Council and the owners of ShopStop in Clapham Junction station.
They were asked to erect a sign above the exit to St John’s Hill with the words ‘Welcome to the heart of Battersea’.
What do you think of the sign? Do you think more needs to be done to remind people Clapham Junction is in Battersea, nor Clapham?
Leave a comment below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Crack house shut down after tenant "taken advantage of"
- Cyclist who died in Richmond Park named as Oxshott scientist
- Airports Commission "fails London dismally" by dismissing Boris Island airport
- 24/7 minicab office in Battersea refused planning permission
- Illegal rave expected to attract 400 people to Tooting Common stopped by authorities