Clapham Junction sign proudly welcomes you to 'heart of Battersea'
A campaign launched in 2005 striving to recognise Clapham Junction’s pivotal role in the Battersea district and fighting against a common misconception that it is in Clapham.
Just over five years ago members of the 'SW11tch Back to Battersea' campaign started speaking to Wandsworth Council and the owners of ShopStop in Clapham Junction station.
They were asked to erect a sign above the exit to St John’s Hill with the words ‘Welcome to the heart of Battersea’.
What do you think of the sign? Do you think more needs to be done to remind people Clapham Junction is in Battersea, nor Clapham?
Leave a comment below or email email@example.com.
- Residents throw bottles and attack police chasing wanted man
- Fire fighter's warning after lamp scorches wall
- Prince Philip former aide charged with sexually assaulting girl
- St George's University paramedic raped woman after pretending to be gay
- Man who raped and attempted to murder pensioner 'dies after prison suicide'
Comments are closed on this article.