A campaign launched in 2005 striving to recognise Clapham Junction’s pivotal role in the Battersea district and fighting against a common misconception that it is in Clapham.
Just over five years ago members of the 'SW11tch Back to Battersea' campaign started speaking to Wandsworth Council and the owners of ShopStop in Clapham Junction station.
They were asked to erect a sign above the exit to St John’s Hill with the words ‘Welcome to the heart of Battersea’.
What do you think of the sign? Do you think more needs to be done to remind people Clapham Junction is in Battersea, nor Clapham?
Leave a comment below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Disruption to train services across South West Trains network after faulty track
- £500m Battersea Tube extension contract winner announced
- Tooting police station hosts safety awareness day
- Get ready for a pooch party or some feline fun for Battersea Dogs and Cats Home
- Basketball murder accused appears before judges at Old Bailey