Adult social care experts in Wandsworth have signed up to a charter of good practice.
Citizens UK has been working with care providers on a charter spelling out the basic standards that would enable quality for the recipient and dignity for the worker.
Caremark Wandsworth and Nightingale House, in Wandsworth, both signed up on Monday, March 31, at a celebration with care minister MP Norman Lamb.
Caremark Wandsworth’s managing director James McCallum, said: “The quality of social care for recipients in the UK needs to improve, and this starts with valuing the important work done by care workers properly and fairly.”
- Hundreds of yards of new paving laid as repair work to Putney Bridge pushes on
- Prolific thief jailed for breaching ASBO after dawn visit to Mitcham
- Everyone happy as Nappy Valley named the friendliest place Wandsworth
- Television calling for Battersea admin worker
- Spanish film night returns to Battersea haunt