Hundreds of people were left for 12 hours without water in Wandsworth Road.
Two pipes burst in blocks of flats at about 8pm, on Sunday, leaving residents without water.
The pipes burst inside a Lambeth Council controlled area but affected many people living in Wandsworth.
Wandsworth Council sent out people to inspect the damage and issued letters to 200 homes affected by the incident.
Thames Water issued a statement saying it was working with local councils but the problem related to a privately owned pipe.
The London Fire Brigade were also called out to stop any fires breaking out and to pump out flood water.
Water was restored yesterday.
Were you affected by the water leak? Call the newsdesk on 0208 722 6344 or email email@example.com.
- Prolific thief jailed for breaching ASBO after dawn visit to Mitcham
- Everyone happy as Nappy Valley named the friendliest place Wandsworth
- Television calling for Battersea admin worker
- Spanish film night returns to Battersea haunt
- PCs rescue flightless parakeet from Wandsworth street