The Balham Rotary Club recently held its annual event, which celebrated its charity work over the past year.
Around 25 people attended the dinner, including local business leaders and the Mayor of Wandsworth Councillor Angela Graham.
Those who attended enjoyed a three course dinner, before Coun Graham delivered a speech at ‘The Exhibit’ in Balham on April 8.
During the past year the club collected funds to then purchase and hand out 140 illustrated dictionaries to three Balham primary schools.
They have sent a further 200 of the books to schools in Uganda, and they also support the End Polio campaign.
Rajan Amin, the club’s treasurer, said: "The club was happy to host the Mayor of Wandsworth.
"We donated £200 to her charity, which is something we do every year."
- Crack house shut down after tenant "taken advantage of"
- Cyclist who died in Richmond Park named as Oxshott scientist
- Airports Commission "fails London dismally" by dismissing Boris Island airport
- 24/7 minicab office in Battersea refused planning permission
- Illegal rave expected to attract 400 people to Tooting Common stopped by authorities