PICTURES: Wandsworth residents do their bit for river Wandle
Public-spirited litter pickers have cleared a section of the River Wandle near King George’s Park along Kimber Road.
The event, on April 13 was organised by the Wandle Trust and Seymour Green Estate Agents.
Team effort: People of all ages helped to clear the Wandle
Wading away: A volunteer with his collection of trash
Not sitting on the fence: The volunteers take a well-earned break
Pulling together: Two of the team give each other a hand
River deep, morale high: The Wandle waders get stuck in
A community project is looking for help producing a film telling the story of the River Wandle.
The Living Wandle Landscape Partnership wants people to help design, create and potentially participate in the film.
Workshops will take place in the Colour House Theatre, in Merton Abbey Mills, on Wednesday, April 30, and Thursday, May 1.
All the events will take place from 7.30 to 9pm. To register your place email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8762 0353.
- Tooting Bec Lido prepares for vintage makeover
- Clothes recycling charity holds DJ event in Battersea
- No service on District Line from Putney Bridge to Wimbledon and severe delays from Edgware Road
- Lightning strike causes massive train disruption
- Man charged following Clapham BBQ stabbing
Comments are closed on this article.