Evacuation at Clapham Junction called off as false alarm
Travellers have reported being told to evacuate Clapham Junction station in the last half an hour.
The alarm was raised at the station, with a loud siren sounding, but was soon called off after it emerged it was a false alarm.
A spokeswoman for South West Trains said: "It appears that there is a small technical fault with one of the alarms on a platform.
"It is being rectified as we speak. No-one has been evacuated from the station at all."
- Man in his 20s treated for chest injuries at Mitcham crash scene
- £94,000 Aston Martin seized for no insurance
- Council uses compulsory purchase order to oust businesses
- Daniel Dutfield appears in court after death of pregnant 22-year-old girlfriend Jessica Fenner at baby shower
- Dying woman remarries her husband after exposure to asbestos at Battersea Power Station
Comments are closed on this article.