Evacuation at Clapham Junction called off as false alarm
Travellers have reported being told to evacuate Clapham Junction station in the last half an hour.
The alarm was raised at the station, with a loud siren sounding, but was soon called off after it emerged it was a false alarm.
A spokeswoman for South West Trains said: "It appears that there is a small technical fault with one of the alarms on a platform.
"It is being rectified as we speak. No-one has been evacuated from the station at all."
- Clapham man charged with gun and cocaine possession
- Suspected machine guns and crack seized in Clapham ahead of Notting Hill Carnival
- First London roundabout completely separating cyclists unveiled in Battersea
- Flood in Wandsworth High Street causes traffic delays
- Family trying to trace fire hero
Comments are closed on this article.