Evacuation at Clapham Junction called off as false alarm
Travellers have reported being told to evacuate Clapham Junction station in the last half an hour.
The alarm was raised at the station, with a loud siren sounding, but was soon called off after it emerged it was a false alarm.
A spokeswoman for South West Trains said: "It appears that there is a small technical fault with one of the alarms on a platform.
"It is being rectified as we speak. No-one has been evacuated from the station at all."
- Men appear in court accused of tampering with cash machine in south Wimbledon
- PICTURES: Battersea's York Road Estate unites for afternoon party
- Rescue dog goes missing on Wimbledon Common
- PICTURES: Sumo wrestlers bounce around Battersea Park
- Balham kids petition for school solar panels
Comments are closed on this article.