Mattress fire damages block of flats in Scholey House Battersea
Updated 9:08am Wednesday 14th May 2014 in News
Firefighters from three stations extinguished a fire ignited from a discarded mattress within a large block of flats.
Officers from Battersea, Clapham and Wandsworth were called to Scholey House in Ingrave Street, Battersea at 10pm on Monday, May 10, after reports of a fire on the 7th floor of the block within the communal bin chute room.
Using the building’s dry riser system officers were able to extinguish the fire by 10.45pm, though not before extensive damage was caused to the bin room and lift lobby.
No one was injured, but firefighters urged people to not dump large flammable objects where they can be a target for arsonists.
- Proposal to close hospital's mental health services and cut beds
- 19-year-old could lose council flat after starting fires
- Man charged with murder of Southfields grandmother found strangled
- Romany saved after owner agrees community sale
- Men appear in court accused of tampering with cash machine in south Wimbledon
Comments are closed on this article.