Mattress fire damages block of flats in Scholey House Battersea

Wandsworth Guardian: Scholey House was damaged by fire. (Picture: Google Maps) Scholey House was damaged by fire. (Picture: Google Maps)

Firefighters from three stations extinguished a fire ignited from a discarded mattress within a large block of flats.

Officers from Battersea, Clapham and Wandsworth were called to Scholey House in Ingrave Street, Battersea at 10pm on Monday, May 10, after reports of a fire on the 7th floor of the block within the communal bin chute room.

Using the building’s dry riser system officers were able to extinguish the fire by 10.45pm, though not before extensive damage was caused to the bin room and lift lobby.

No one was injured, but firefighters urged people to not dump large flammable objects where they can be a target for arsonists.






Comments are closed on this article.


About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree