A widow whose husband died from an asbestos-related disease has issued a plea to his former work colleagues for help.
Sheila Higgins, 65, is seeking help from workers at Potterton Boilers (now Baxi Heating UK Ltd) in Roehampton.
Her husband, Roger Higgins, 67, died from mesothelioma, a terminal cancer of the lining of the lung, on April 17, 2014. Mr Higgins came into contact with asbestos during the 1960s when he worked at Potterton Boilers in the labs and on the factory floor.
Now Mrs Higgins is appealing for anyone with information about the asbestos used in the boilers to come forward.
She said: "I have been devastated at losing my husband, who was previously fit and healthy up until his diagnosis only eight weeks before his death.
"Roger passed away at the local hospice on April 17, 2014, leaving behind three step-daughters and five step-grandchildren of ages seven to 20, three of whom live in Australia and two in Surrey. "We had been planning to visit family in Australia.
"Roger’s distress at the end of his life was compounded by the fact that he was diagnosed so late and he was not able to have any treatment whatsoever. He died within eight weeks of being given the heart breaking news of his terminal condition."
Mr Higgins grew up in Weybridge and qualified as an independent financial advisor in the 1980s. He set up his own business, Roger Higgins & Partners in 2005, and moved to Cornwall in 2008 before retiring in 2011.
If anyone has any information on Potterton Boilers contact Helen Grady on 0800 884 0555 or visit www.novumlaw.com