Six evacuated and one person sent to hospital following gas leak

First published in News

A 40-year-old man was taken to hospital and six evacuated from their homes last night following a gas leak.

Firefighters were called to a carbon monoxide alarm in the house in Wandsworth Road at 11.30pm.

A leaking boiler in the property set off the alarm.

The brigade found carbon monoxide in the building and called the gas board.

A 40-year-old man was taken to Whipps Cross Hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning and six people in the road were evacuated.

A spokesperson for the fire service said: "We have had a few lately, but the alarm went off.

"It is a good advert for having a carbon monoxide alarm."

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree