Bulgarian carpet cleaner Diyan Hristov suffered "accidental death", rules inquest
12:10pm Tuesday 9th October 2012 in News
A Bulgarian carpet cleaner who was electrocuted while working in a Putney house suffered an accidental death, an inquest has ruled.
Diyan Hristov, 22, was killed after he moved an electric fan while using a carpet cleaning machine at a house in Wadham Road on July 22, 2010.
His body was found slumped over a chaise longue by the owner of the house, Melody McKewan.
The inquest, at North Westminster Coroner's Court, was told by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) that there was no fault with either of the appliances.
Coroner Dr Shirley Radcliffe said: "Therefore it must have been as a result of a fault with the electrical installation (in the house)."