Petrescu rules himself out of the Palace job

Wandsworth Guardian: No thanks: Dan Petrescu has ended speculation linking him with the Palace number one spot No thanks: Dan Petrescu has ended speculation linking him with the Palace number one spot

Dan Petrescu has ruled himself out of the number one job at Crystal Palace, stating he “wants to stay at Dynamo Moscow”.

The 45-year-old former Chelsea defender and Romanian international had been linked with the Eagles hot-seat after Chris Coleman, Aitor Karanka and Rene Meulensteen decided to stay away from Selhurst Park.

It has been four weeks since Ian Holloway resigned, and interim boss Keith Millen looks likely to take charge again this weekend when Palace go to Hull City in the Premier League.

Petrescu signed a three-year deal as manager at the Russian giants in August 2012.

He said: “First, I want to say that I do not conduct negotiations with other clubs when I'm under contract.

“If they [Palace] spoke to someone, it was only to my agent.”

"Secondly, I love England, I am pleased that the English clubs remember my name and I would work there, but right now it's impossible.

"The contract with Dynamo is for another year and a half and I'm happy here. I want to stay."

Millen said: "I spoke to the chairman on Sunday. He asked me to organise this week's training and prepare for the Hull game on Saturday. That's as much as I know at the moment."

Tony Pulis is back as the bookies favourite, followed by Iain Dowie and Sean Dyche.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree