Firefighters called to Battersea pan fire
Firefighters were called to a pan fire yesterday afternoon.
They were called at 3pm to the blaze in Ashley Crescent, Lavender Hill, Battersea.
A woman living in the house left a pan unattended and her neighbours smelt smoke coming from the building.
It was put out by fire crews within minutes, just as the woman returned home.
A spokesperson for the fire service said: "A lady had left a pan unattended, neighbours smelt smoke and called us.
"We put it out within minutes and gave her some fire safety advice."