ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: MFN0637220
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames hereby gives notice that to facilitate a new water service connection and because these works are being executed on or near the carriageway it has made an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Monday 21st February 2022 with works expected to take 4 days to complete. However, the Order will remain in force for 2 months to be re-introduced should further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will in Walter Street temporarily prohibit all vehicular traffic including pedal cycles from entering or exiting.
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic whilst the prohibition is in place will be via (A307) Richmond Road, (A308) Cromwell Road, Queen Elizabeth Road, Fairfield North, (A307) Wheatfield Way, Clarence Street, (A308) Wood Street, Kingsgate Road and Sopwith Way.
5. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
MERVYN BARTLETT, Group Manager - Highways & Transport.
Dated: 2 December 2021