A 17-year-old boy has been killed after being stabbed in Clapham South.

Police were called at 4:35pm today (November 2) to reports of a stabbing outside the tube station. Officers and London Ambulance Service attended.

Wandsworth Times:

Picture credit: Dan Rad/Twitter

A teenager was found suffering from a stab wound and taken to a south London hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 5:23 on.

Charity director Robin Pritchard said he moved through a crowd and saw the victim lying in a pool of blood while someone provided CPR.

The 47-year-old told the Press Association: "I saw the guy on the floor, a pool of blood like he'd been stabbed in the stomach, his clothes were soaked.

Wandsworth Times:

The station remains closed (Picture credit: Patrick Henry)

"It was strangely calm and quiet. I think everyone was in shock. Lots of kids there from the local college

"All I really registered were grey tracksuit bottoms which were soaked with a pool of blood coming from his waist like he'd been stabbed in the stomach."

Wandsworth Times:

Picture credit: Adrian John Wlliams.

Another witness who did not want to be named said he saw a man carrying a large knife in a "bunch of guys" who were shouting and appeared agitated.

He added that the area is usually noisy after students leave nearby Saint Francis Xavier College.

Wandsworth Times:

Picture credit: Lee Christensen

He said: "I had no idea it was different to any other time the students get a bit noisy, until I saw the knife as I was literally passing them."
It comes the day after a 15-year-old, named locally as Jai Sewell, was stabbed to death in Bellingham, south east London.

Patrick Henry, who's companies office is opposite to the station spoke to the Wandsworth Guardian and said that 'something always happens at this time of year'.

He said: "I always see it once the kids settle into school its all fine, but something happens around this time. Last year, I broke up multiple fights, I saw kids throwing fire works at people. 

"This year its got to the point where someone has died, its horrible. I am extremly angry. I have spoke to the college several times and they haven't done anything to stop the kids misbehaving and causing trouble." 

Next of kin have not been informed and formal identification has not yet taken place. A post-mortem will be held in due course.

Police remain at the scene as the Clapham South Tube Station and roads remain closed.

The killing marks the 115th homicide in the capital so far this year and comes less that 24 hours after the murder of a 15-year-old boy in Bellingham.

Any witnesses or anyone with information should contact police on 101 quoting CAD 5291/02 Nov. To remain anonymous please call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

More to follow.