The cause of a fire which damaged a Wandsworth restaurant has been revealed.

Two fire engines and around ten firefighters were called at 7.26pm on May 19 to Lavender Hill.

Part of a store room on the ground floor was damaged by the fire, which was discovered by an employee. Five members of staff left the property before the arrival of the LFB.

Fortunately, there were no diners in the restaurant at the time of the incident and there were no reported injuries.

The LFB's fire investigators believe the fire to be accidental due to a faulty electrical cable.