Police have appealed for help on tracking down a man who threatened a police officer with a claw hammer.

Nathan Bick, 20, previously off Ascalon Street in Nine Elms was sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court in June last year two years in jail for theft of a motor vehicle, attempted Grievous Bodily Harm with a weapon and driving whilst disqualified.

The court at the time heard that a police officer on a marked bike and an officer on an unmarked bike pursued Bick and and a pillion passenger, who made off through Camden.

Bick mounted the pavement and drove through bollards and over a kerb where he lost control and both men came off the bike.

The officer on the unmarked bike pulled up next to Bick who pulled out a claw hammer and swung it at the officer, aiming for his head. The officer pulled out his baton and Bick began to retreat.

Both men ran off in separate directions, with Bick climbing a metal fence into an estate where he was arrested and detained for theft of a motor vehicle, attempted GBH and possession of an offensive weapon.

But nearly 14 months after his sentencing, police have said that he is wanted on recall to prison.

When someone is released from prison ‘on licence’ or on parole, they are supervised by an Offender Manager. On release, they will be given a copy of their licence with all the conditions they need to adhere to. If they do not keep to the conditions of their license then they could be recalled and brought back to prison.

A person can be recalled if:

  • They commit another crime or are charged with another crime or,
  • They are behaving in a way that leads their Offender Manager to think they might be about to commit another crime. For example, if they start drinking heavily and often get violent when they are drunk or,
  • They break the conditions of their licence.

Police have asked that anyone with information about Bick's whereabouts call 999 and quote 3507/03JUL.

Alternatively, if you wish to remain anonymous, you can report information to the independent charity Crimestoppers by calling 0800 555 111.